WIC Program Supervisor
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center (CRMC)
Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001
Job Description and Requirements
Responsible for the day to day operations of the business and administrative sections of the office. Has direct supervisory responsibilities over clinic employees. Serves as a liaison for the office with the State WIC agency and the managing Cheyenne Regional Medical Center team. Is responsible for inventory of supplies, and organization and record keeping on clinical personnel. Resolves client problems or refers clients to appropriate resources. Analyses, prepares, and manages clinicâs fiscal budget and ensures finances are utilized at optimal levels
1. Responsible for daily management and coordination of all clinic staff.
2. Coordinates routinely with the CRMC management team and the Laramie County State WIC agency on all issues related to quality client care and efficient utilization of staff and resources through participation in and development of the Management Evaluation Plan, Nutritional Education Plan, and attends the state supervisor calls.
3. Hires and supervises staff; assigns and schedules work; monitors work performance; and handles personnel operations including recruitment, retention, performance reviews, disciplinary action, dismissals, vacation, and time management. Works in consultation with HR Business Partner and management team on employee relations issues.
4. Responsible for Variance reports on Monthly Financials and management of clinic finances.
5. Oversees clinic operations to ensure that resources are adequately utilized to enhance productivity, quality, and client satisfaction.
6. Develops, implements, and carries out policies and procedures in accordance with CRMC and with federal and state WIC regulations.
7. Maintains oversight, reviews monthly activity summaries, and acts as a support for the peer breastfeeding counselor program. Maintains oversight of vendor management.
8. Provides continued support for client benefits through providing supplemental food packages, nutritional assessments, and client office visits.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified and employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
â¢ Knowledge of principles and practices of health care planning and management sufficient to manage, direct, and coordinate the operation of a health care organization.
â¢ Knowledge of the purposes, organization, and policies of the community's health systems sufficient to interact with other health care providers.
â¢ Knowledge of the policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to direct its operations and to provide effective patient care.
â¢ Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
â¢ Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
â¢ Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
â¢ Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
â¢ Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
â¢ Bachelorâs degree in nursing, nutrition, or dietetics or other related fields
â¢ One year of professional work experience in a program that provides services in maternal/child health, womenâs health or public health care.
214 East 23rd Street, Cheyenne, WY 82001
[posted Jan 29, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.