WIC - Program Nutritionist 2017-08-02
Gateway Community Action Partnership
Atlantic and Cape May County, New Jersey 08401
Job Description and Requirements
Program Nutritionist (F/T) (Atlantic & Cape May Co.)
The program nutritionist will be responsible for determining participants nutritional risk and needs, will prescribe supplemental food and provide individual/group counseling to WIC program participants.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, in-service training, and other professional and staff development activities.
- Other duties assigned by Supervisor.
- Applicants must work well independently, and with the public. - Supervises clinic operations including but not limited to high risk counseling;
- development of lesson plans and special activities; outreach;
- Assists in the organization and in the maintaining of general nutrition education materials and displays in the WIC clinics such as bulletin boards, pamphlets, food displays, etc.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment with multi-cultural, and multi-lingual clientele and /staff.
- Travel within Tri-County/Gateway Service area is required.
- BS in Foods and Nutrition is also required, or Dietetics Verification of IV/V or DPD from ADA.
- Applicants must work well independently, and with the team.
-One-year experience, but willing to take less than one year for the right applicant.
[posted Aug 8, 2017]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.