WIC Nutritionist (RD or DTR )
Cornerstone Family Healthcare
Port Jervis, New York 12771
Job Description and Requirements
The Cornerstone Family Healthcare is searching for a Registered Dietitian / Nutritionist / DTR to assist our very busy WIC department. The Dietitian will be responsible to plan, implement, and evaluate nutritional education activities within the agency.
Description of Duties:
- Conduct nutrition risk assessment to determine all nutrition risk criteria and program eligibility based on risks to complete enrollment.
- Prescribe, tailor, authorize and reissue food package.
- Provide nutrition education responsive to the identified needs/interests of at-risk participants.
- Provide and document appropriate follow-up referrals to other health and social services.
- Implement individual care plans for at-risk participants (CPA-initiated and participant request)
- Plan, conduct and evaluate the nutrition program at the CORNERSTONEÃ¢S (develop lesson plans, handouts, etc.)
- Issue supplemental formula to breastfeeding infants.
- Review and approve formula requests requiring medical documentation for participants in consultation with the health care providers.
- Provide high-risk nutritional counseling.
- Develop individual care plans for high-risk participants.
- Coordinate nutrition counseling activities at CORNERSTONEÃ¢S responsive to the identified needs/interests of high-risk participants
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the WIC program Director.
- Attend and participate in monthly department, All Staff and other required meetings.
- Be familiar with and adhere to all clinical, administrative, and general policies and procedures as outlined in the CORNERSTONEÃ¢S Policy and Procedure Manual and Employee Handbook.
- Maintain confidentiality of all aspects of CORNERSTONEÃ¢S including, but not limited to, patient confidentiality, financials, and employee relations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Nutritional Sciences, community nutrition, clinical dietetics, foods and nutrition from a regionally accredited college
- Or university, or one recognized by New York State Education Department
- Registered Dietitian or
Completion of a dietetic internship in an institution approved by the American Dietetic Association and is either currently registered or is eligible for registration by the American Dietetic Association.
Cornerstone Family Healthcare is a nonprofit community health center located in Newburgh, NY. Our mission is to provide affordable, quality healthcare services to our community.
Benefits Include: We offer: Top-notch group medical, dental and vision insurance | Long-term disability and life insurance | Generous Paid time off program | 403(b) Retirement Plan | Supplemental disability, accident, and life insurance guaranteed.
[posted Jan 24, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.