Featured Hot Job: WIC CPA, Nutritionist, Dietitan or RN
WIC CPA, Nutritionist, Dietitan or RN
Open Door Health Services WIC
Muncie, Indiana 47305
Job Description and Requirements
Open Door Health Services is a not-for-profit , Federally Qualified Health Center, providing comprehensive primary, urgent, and preventative healthcare services to individuals and families throughout East Central Indiana regardless of their health insurance status.
We are hiring a Competent Professional Authority for our Muncie WIC department. WIC is a special supplemental nutrition program for Women, Infants, and Children they provide supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition education for low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women, and to infants and children up to the age five.
This position serves as a Competent Professional Authority (CPA), and is responsible for developing and providing the Nutritionist Education Program as well as nutrition counseling.
- Complete the ADP application, certification procedure and documentation, including measurement of height, weight and hemoglobin.
- Evaluate clients' nutritional status through dietary assessments and consults and makes recommendations in relation to nutritional needs, family income cultural food patterns, home facilities, and modifications in diet.
- Create and tailor a food prescription using the ADP application that is appropriate to the participantÃ¢s needs.
- Issue and explain food benefits and explain the issuance period.
- Document assessments, evaluations, counseling, and referrals on the ADP application.
- Schedule appointments suing the ADP scheduler based on parameters and instructions from the supervisor.
- Provide educational programs for clients in the form of classes or demonstrations and maintains related plans, files and records.
- Provide all pregnant and breastfeeding women with nutrition education opportunities that promote and support breastfeeding.
- Maintains documents (forms/letters) recommended by State WIC
Ã¢Â¢Make home visits on special case by case basis.
Ã¢Â¢Provide individual nutritional counseling to participants
Ã¢Â¢Evaluate and procure nutrition education materials.
Ã¢Â¢Make referrals as needed.
Ã¢Â¢Able to perform duties of clinic assistant as needed.
Ã¢Â¢Participate in in-service education, and staff meetings, and provide nutrition information to staff.
Ã¢Â¢Attend conferences and meetings needed or required by the position and participates in committees as requested.
Ã¢Â¢Serve as nutrition spokesperson for the agency to the degree delegated by the supervisor.
Ã¢Â¢Perform all other duties as assigned.
Ã¢Â¢Possess understanding of individualÃ¢s socioeconomic status and lifestyle with respect for individual differences.
Ã¢Â¢Able to function as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
Ã¢Â¢Ability to prioritize work assignments and departmental responsibilities.
Ã¢Â¢Registered Dietitian or eligible.
Ã¢Â¢Bachelors or Master's Degree in Dietetics: Nutrition or Nutrition Sciences; Public Health Nutrition; Community Nutrition or Clinical Nutrition.
Ã¢Â¢Bachelors in Family and Consumer Sciences (Home Economics)
333 S. Madison St. Muncie, IN 47305
You can apply online on our website.
765-286-7000 Ext. 4023 [tel]
[posted Feb 14, 2019]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.