WIC Clinic and Regional Supervisor
Wyoming Department of Health - WIC Program
Casper, Wyoming 82636
Job Description and Requirements
Use your skills to make a difference in your community! This is a full-time position working as a clinic and regional supervisor for Natrona County, Platte County, Converse County, and Goshen County WIC services and employees. This position ensures compliance with federal and state regulations.
Excellent State Benefits include: Beautiful country with wide open spaces and clean air, great recreational opportunities, and no state income tax - to mention a few. In addition, the State of Wyoming offers state employees a very generous benefits package.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Interpret and monitor adherence to Federal and State WIC Regulations and Policies within assigned local agency and region, through consultation visits and management evaluations, and provision of quality nutrition services.
- Function as a liaison between local agencies in the region and the State WIC Office.
- Performs WIC participant certification including health and nutrition assessment/nutrition education for participants, including breastfeeding education/support and health referrals. - - Prescribes and issues supplemental, nutritious food packages.
- Provides program management of WIC offices within region, including quality assurance activities.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate subordinate level employees within local agency and region.
- Communicates with necessary parties regarding changing rules, expectations and goals while ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Assures development of services and actual service delivery meets the needs of the participants, and assures areas of concern with service delivery are appropriately addressed.
- Assesses community needs and conducts appropriate outreach.
Conduct and tailor nutrition screening, assessment and education, and health screens including anthropometric and hematologic assessment to determine WIC eligibility.
- Assures service meets the needs of the participants.
- Directs the work of contractors and county employees with full operational, supervisory, and fiscal responsibility.
- Provides provider and participant training and education, public education, resource development, identification and implementation of best practices.
- Coordinates breastfeeding promotion and education.
**Agency requires a four-year degree in Nutrition, Dietetics, Nursing, or Public Health Nutrition.
**Agency requires a Bachelor of Science in nursing (BSN) for RN's.
Registered dietitian (RD) credential preferred for nutritionists.
Our ideal candidate will also have a minimum of two years supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of grant writing, grant administration, management, and evaluation.
- Knowledge of program administration.
- Knowledge of Wyoming state statutes.
- Knowledge of marketing, social marketing, customer service, group dynamics, public relations, advocacy, and outreach strategies.
- Understanding and ability to apply principles of maternal and child health and nutrition, as well as breastfeeding support and education.
- Ability to supervise and motivate employees.
Bachelor's Degree (typically in Healthcare)
1-2 years of progressive work experience (typically in Health Programs) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Health Program Specialist
Education & Experience Substitution:
4-6 years of progressive work experience (typically in Health Programs) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Health Program Specialist
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
The State of Wyoming offers an excellent benefits package.
048-Department of Health - Public Health - Community Health - Women, Infant and Children (WIC)
Visit the Wyoming Department of Health website: http://health.wyo.gov
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
[posted Mar 8, 2017]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.