SNAP-Ed Nutrition Data and Evaluation Coordinator
Management and Administration
Catholic Charities of California
Sacramento, California 95814
Job Description and Requirements
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed) is a federally funded grant program that supports evidence-based nutrition education and obesity prevention interventions and projects for persons eligible for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
California SNAP-Ed focuses on preventing nutrition and activity-related chronic diseases and improving food security among persons eligible for SNAP-Ed by:
- Providing information and education to promote food resource management, healthy eating, and a physically active lifestyle, and
- Creating supportive food and activity environments in collaboration with community partners in order to make healthy choices easier where people eat, live, learn, work, play, and shop.
California SNAP-Ed is administered by the California Department of Social Services (CDSS), the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), University of California CalFresh Nutrition Education Program (UC CalFresh), California Department of Aging (CDA), and Catholic Charities of California, Inc. (CCC).
Catholic Charities of California oversees the implementation of SNAP-Ed through local Catholic Charities social service organizations across 25 counties statewide.
Catholic Charities of California, Inc. (CCC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit public benefit corporation. CCC is the state-level office representing California's 12 local Catholic Charities organizations (LCCOs). California's LCCO network is the largest non-profit provider of social services in the State. CCC functions as the single point of contact with funders, provides contract management services and operational support to participating LCCOs, monitors LCCO progress on contract deliverables, and works with LCCOs to resolve program and contract issues.
This position is responsible...
- To the Nutrition Programs Director for the day-to-day effectiveness of program data and evaluation efforts under his/her supervision.
- For keeping the Nutrition Programs Director apprised of specific areas requiring attention and for recommending and implementing appropriate action on data and evaluation efforts.
- To lead review and technical assistance efforts to LCCOs on process data entry
- To review, clean, and analyze process data for state and local level documentation, reports, and projects.
- To work closely with CCC contracted evaluators and LCCOs for successful administration oaf evaluation tools, timely submission of surveys, and overall execution of Impact/Outcome Evaluations plans.
- For assisting the Nutrition Programs Director on state level reports, evaluation projects, and communication pieces.
- For leading development of local level reports and communication pieces
- For participation in the Evaluation Workgroup and various subcommittees, as appropriate.
- To maintain strong, effective working relationships with LCCO and funder staff.
- To produce work and drive continuous quality improvement of programs that aligns with CCCÃ¢s standards of excellence.
- To work independently to ensure that all functions and assignments are completed in a timely and professional manner.
- To provide high-quality support to the Nutrition Programs Director as requested.
- Masters degree in public health preferred; or Bachelors Degree with at least five years of progressive work experience in a closely related field (e.g., evaluation, data entry and analysis).
- Knowledge of biostatistics, and experience with statistical programming (e.g. SAS, SPSS)
- Excellent written, communication, and organizational skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office.
- Comfort building and working with spreadsheets, including experience and skill utilizing formulas in Excel.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as needed.
- Ability to analyze and efficiently resolve problems with excellent judgement and minimal support.
- Experience working with professional collaborative teams.
Closing Date: March 1, 2018
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $57,000 - $65,000/year DOE
Job Location: Sacramento, CA
Job Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday
Required Education: MPH/MS in related field preferred OR BA with 5 years related experience
- Public Health: 5 years
- Program Evaluation: 4 years
- Data Systems: 4 years
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, Retiree Benefits.
Job Performance Criteria:
The successful candidate will adhere to and be regularly evaluated according to the following job performance standards.
Works well with management and other staff on coordinated efforts to achieve common goals. Is reliable, trustworthy, and professional in completing assigned portions of group efforts.
Meets all assignment deadlines in a timely manner with quality work and without additional reminders from supervisors or others.
Maintains an organized workspace, awareness of deadlines and deliverables, organization of information necessary to completing assigned tasks, and plans ahead to meet deadlines/deliverables without prompting from supervisors or others.
Always attempts to identify and resolve issues first before bringing them to supervisors. Thinks ahead of current task to identify and prepare for future assignments. Fulfills job roles proactively without prompting from supervisors.
Adheres to assigned office hours without frequent disruptions (e.g., appointments, personal life events). Is always available to respond to phone calls and e-mail messages during office hours. Does not request more than allotted sick or vacation time. Attends all job-related meetings and events prepared and without prompting.
Quality of Work:
Produces high-quality work at all times. Makes every effort to turn in complete, thorough, grammatically and mathematically correct work. Does not rely on supervisors to substantially correct or edit work.
Demonstrates skill, competence, good judgement, and polite behavior at all times in the workplace. Adheres to all office policies (e.g., food).
Please review this announcement carefully. Please click on the following link to complete an online job application; resume, cover letter, and three professional references required: https://form.jotform.com/73545094028155
[posted Dec 29, 2017]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.