Job: Senior Nutrition Scientist, North America Research & Development
Senior Nutrition Scientist, North America Research & Development
Mead Johnson Nutrition
Evansville, Indiana 47712
Job Description and Requirements
The Senior Scientist provides nutrition science expertise to help bring innovations in pediatric nutrition to North America market, and advises on nutrition science matters with the potential to impact the company. He or she will work across functions and departments in order to accomplish objectives. This position is based in Evansville, Indiana.
- Provide scientific leadership and technical input on claims development & substantiation, and nutrition positions & policies.
- Monitor and evaluate science landscape, ingredients, and technology opportunities.
- Determine science-based nutrition profiles for new and improved products.
- Effectively communicate across technical and non-technical audiences both internally and externally.
- Effectively collaborate cross-functionally.
- Network broadly with external/internal technical community to assure access to current and innovative technologies and scientific advances, and maintain credibility with the external scientific & regulatory community.
- Identify, lead and/or contribute to nutrition research that addresses business needs.
- Contribute to the development of integrated, tactical, science-based, global & regional communication plans.
- Help develop and review educational and promotional materials for consumers and health care professionals.
- Support nutrition education and training for internal and external audiences.
- Ph.D. in nutrition or related discipline with excellent general knowledge of nutrition.
- 2-3 years of industry experience in nutritional sciences or related field preferred.
- Experience in pediatric nutrition is preferred.
- Strong background in general metabolism, nutritional biochemistry, and physiology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop effective working relationships and networks with culturally and technically diverse groups.
- Ability to evaluate and translate complex technical information to identify opportunities for new/reformulated products and/or more compelling communications for existing products.
- Capable of identifying and driving the application of nutrition science to generate positive business results.
Mead Johnson Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
[posted Apr 25, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.