School Food Service
Wichita Falls, Texas 76301
Job Description and Requirements
Want to influence a generation? How about working in a place where you know you make a difference? Try one of our 4000 public and private school locations managed by Chartwells School Dining Services. That's about 1.6 million young students we provide meals and food service for each day. Eat. Learn. Live exemplifies Chartwells' promise and philosophy that nourishing students is not only our business; it's our commitment to the communities in which we serve.
Under the direction of the Regional Dietitian and District Manager, the Resident Dietitian assists with development, implementation and evaluation of nutrition and sustainability initiatives that support School District and Chartwells Schools strategic plan. Supports operations team with regulatory compliance, nutrition program implementation, menu development, dietetic internship, Webtrition management, nutrition education and promotion, parent and community nutrition outreach, media activities, associate training, and food allergy management. May also support regional dietitian with division nutrition initiatives.
- Assists with development, field implementation, and evaluation of nutrition and sustainability mandatory and optional programs.
- Assists field with interpretation of new regulations, maintenance of USDA audit readiness, and preparation for specific USDA and state audits.
- Maintains Chartwells nutrition and regulatory training in the field.
- Takes a leadership role in menu development that meets Chartwells nutrition guidelines, regulatory standards and district food cost goals.
- Coordinates program evaluation protocols and research protocols in the field.
- Assists with dietetic internship as preceptor for dietetic interns in the field in coordination with operator preceptors.
- Implements nutrition education lessons and programs.
- Supports Chartwells sustainability programs in the field.
- Supports strategic purchasing initiatives.
- Leads Webtrition implementation, maintenance and compliance in coordination with Regional Dietitian.
- Writes nutrition communications pieces for internal and external publication.
- Completes media training and supports district media activities.
- Manages food allergies in assigned districts.
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) required
- Two to three years of professional experience as a Registered Dietitian
- Experience in working in a School Food Service environment, Grades K-12, preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with adult training and group presentations preferred
[posted Mar 20, 2017]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.