Registered Dietitian Part-Time or Full Time
Sacramento County WIC Program
Sacramento, California 95822
Job Description and Requirements
Sacramento County WIC is a dynamic, strong and capable agency that employs talented workers. We are also passionate about nutrition and breastfeeding. There is now an opportunity to join our team. The Sacramento County WIC Program is hiring a part-time (28-30 hrs./wk.) Registered Dietitian with the possibility of becoming a full time position. If you are RD-eligible, you are welcome to apply as long as you pass the RD exam within 6 months of employment. The Sacramento WIC Agency is under the Countys Department of Health and Human Services.
Here is the link: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/sacramento/default.cfm?&promotionaljobs=0&transfer=0[agency.governmentjobs.com].
If interested and would like more information, please contact Sacramento County WIC Program Director, Amelia Schendel,RD,IBCLC, at 916-875-2128 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sacramento County WIC Program
1. Screens program applicants, interpreting medical and other information to determine program eligibility. Evaluates nutritional status, develops nutrition care plans, and provides nutrition counseling to high-risk and normal-risk WIC Program participants. Schedules client appointments and issue food instruments. Refers clients to other services that may benefit them.
2. Serves as the WIC clinic lead worker, overseeing 5-20 staff members who provide nutrition education services and issue food voucher packets to up to 800 persons per day. Manages clinic flow and resolves problems to provide optimal internal and external customer service.
3. Performs tasks to assist the Program Director and WIC Clinic Managers in accomplishing program goals and objectives, which may include:
a. Teaching nutrition and health classes to WIC participants.
b. Developing nutrition education materials and lesson plans for counseling and classes.
c. Developing and conducting in-service training for professional and paraprofessional staff.
d. Preparing clinic and staff schedules.
e. Mentoring and training new employees.
f. Supervising and training nutrition students.
g. Serving as program liaison with medical providers and other outside agencies.
h. Serving as a resource in maternal and child nutrition for the DHHS and other public and private agencies.
I. Performing community assessment and outreach.
j. Coordinating groups of WIC Program staff to complete assigned projects.
k. Performing administrative and clerical work related to the provision of nutrition services.
l. Other duties as assigned.
4. Counsels WIC clients on breastfeeding, including techniques, problem resolution, and general support for and promotion of breastfeeding. Makes referrals to lactation specialist. Issues and explains use of breast pumps.
5. May serve as Local Vendor Liaison to maintain ongoing communication with local WIC store managers and personnel; resolve WIC customer service issues; and provide technical assistance to support basic vendor processes.
6. May provide consultation to other County programs, offering professional services such as planning, analysis and evaluation of menus; planning or review of therapeutic and special medical diets; development or review of nutrition care protocols; or other activities related to the provision of nutrition services in a public health department.
6. Completes peer review quality assurance assignments.
Amelia Schendel, RD, IBCLC
If interested, and would like more information, please contact Amelia Schendel, at 916-875-2128.
[posted Sep 11, 2017]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.