California Correctional Health Care Services
Elk Grove, California 95758
Job Description and Requirements
$54,696 - $69,792 a year
California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) welcomes your talents as a Registered Dietitian. The Registered Dietitian is responsible for providing medical nutritional therapy in a correctional facility. We need your expertise to provide comprehensive nutritional needs our patients.
Under the direction of the Food Administrator, the Registered Dietitian is responsible for:
- Determining nutritional requirements according to age and disease specific needs.
- Advising clinical team on nutritional needs, plans nutrition interventions and strategies.
- Applying and complying regulatory dietetic services.
- Participating in therapeutic menus planning and menu analyses.
- Coordinating Medical Nutrition Therapy for patients.
- Conducting monthly kitchen sanitation inspections to include compliance with food safety regulations; and verifying the accuracy of special diets and nourishment.
Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association. (Applicants with proof of eligibility to apply for registration will be admitted to the examination but must become registered to be eligible for appointment.)
- Empathetic understanding of patients in a State Correctional facility.
- Maintaining sufficient agility to perform during stressful situations without compromising health or well-being.
- Willingness to interact with staff and patients from a wide range of cultural backgrounds in a professional manner.
We offer exceptional benefit packages, competitive salaries, and opportunities for advancement. If you are interested in becoming part of a diverse workforce where talent, experience, and expertise are valued, CCHCS invites you to apply for this exciting employment opportunity.
Apply online at www.ChangingPrisonHealthCare.org. Join us by contacting Sharon Lovell, Recruiter, at 916-691-5871. EOE.
Attn: Sharon Lovell, HR/WDU
Elk Grove CA 95758
[posted May 2, 2017]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.