Featured Hot Job: NUTRITIONIST IV
MD DEPARTMENT OF JUVENILE SERVICES
BALTIMORE, Maryland 21215
Job Description and Requirements
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
This is professional work at the supervisory, administrative and consultative level in the field of public health nutrition. The Nutritionist IV assists the DJS Director of Food and Nutrition Services in administrative details required to implement the National School Lunch and Breakfast Program at 14 individual residential sites operated by the Department of Juvenile Services. Jointly with the Director covers the State for clinical nutrition services.
1. Assists the DJS Director of Food and Nutrition Service with program planning, implementation of CNP regulations and program evaluation at thirteen residential sites in order to meet program requirements and receive federal funds. The sites include: Cheltenham Detention Facility, J. DeWeese Carter Center, Charles H. Hickey, Jr. School, Thomas Waxter ChildrenÃÃÂ¢s Center, Western Maryland ChildrenÃÃÂ¢s Center, Victor Cullen Center, Lower Eastern Shore ChildrenÃÃÂ¢s Center, Alfred D. Noyes Center, Baltimore City Juvenile Justice Center, Backbone Youth Center, Savage Mountain Youth Center, Greenridge Youth Center, Meadow Mountain Youth Center..
2. Assists in orientation, evaluation and hiring of food service staff.
3. Develops materials for in-service training of food service personnel.
4. Assists with planning and the nutrition analysis of DJS cycle menus.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Dietetic Practice under the licensing requirements for Nutritionists and Dietitians.
Experience: Four years of experience providing professional nutrition or dietetic services, two years of which must have in a public health or community setting.
Notes: 1. A MasterÃÃÂ¢s Degree from an accredited college or university in Community Health, Nutrition or Public Health may be substituted for one year of required general experience.
2. A Doctorate Degree from an accredited college or university in Community Health, Nutrition or Public Health may be substituted for two years of the required general experience in nutrition or dietetics.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Dietitian and Nutritionist classification or Dietitian and Nutritionist specialty codes in the Dietitian field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
*Possession of a ServSafe Certification within the past three years
*Experience with implementation of the federal Child Nutrition Program regulations
*Experience using the Nutrikids software to analyze menus.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Dietitian or Nutritionist from the Maryland State Board of Dietetic Practice, 4201 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215 prior to permanent appointment.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com. Include the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin
[posted May 14, 2019]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.