University of Maryland Medical Center-Midtown Campus
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Job Description and Requirements
For health professionals there's just no better place than the University of Maryland Medical Center-Midtown Campus (UMMC-Midtown) to advance your practice and inspire your best work. As a NCQA recognized practice and Level 3 PCMH, UMMC-Midtown has a long and celebrated history of working to keep our community healthy.
The Nutrition Specialist collaborates with members of the healthcare team, attends rounds and independently provides optimal nutrition care to patients at high nutrition risk (e.g.: receiving enteral or parenteral nutrition), based on own knowledge and clinical skills. This position provides education, training, and expertise as a professional resource to members of the healthcare team, dietetic interns, and dietetic technicians to advance their development in the field.
- Bachelor's Degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics or related field is required.
- Registration by the American Dietetic Association (Commission on Dietetics Registration) is required.
- Current licensure in the state of Maryland as a Dietitian/Nutritionist is required.
- Two years clinical experience is required as a Registered Dietitian at a hospital facility.
- Prior completion of a Specialty Fellowship Program or Active Specialty Certification: ACE, CNSD, CDE, CSR, CSP, CSO, IBCLC is required. Maintenance of 30 CEUs/2 years is required.
We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits program designed with you and your dependents in mind. To learn more or to apply, visit:
UMMC is proud to support an environment of diversity and encourages inquiry from all applicants.
[posted Aug 17, 2017]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.