Job: Nutrition Services Manager
Nutrition Services Manager
Management and Administration
Project Angel Food
Los Angeles, California 90038
Job Description and Requirements
The Nutrition Services Manager oversees the Nutrition Department, which includes supervision of all Nutrition Services staff regarding (1) nutrition counseling and follow- ups and (2) all issues related to the nutritional content of Project Angel Foods products and quality assurance and works closely with other departments to insure the highest standards of client care and food service, as assigned by supervisor.
1. Performs client nutrition assessments, follow-ups and surveys via phone, office visits or mail.
2. Interacts with clients health care providers on a regular basis as needed.
3. Refers and advocates for clients to other service providers when appropriate.
4. Supervises the Dietitian staff, dietetic interns and volunteers working within the Nutrition Services Department.
5. Conducts nutrition education workshops/in-services for clients, staff and community organizations as needed.
6. Serves as liaison between the agency and local organizations involved in nutrition research and/or care for patients with HIV/AIDS or other illnesses.
7. Contributes to the development of nutrition education materials.
8. Creates and implements the Nutrition Services annual work plan and budget.
9. Develops, plans, implements and budgets new nutrition/food related programs as determined by the Executive Director and the advocacy team.
10. Plans and nutritionally analyzes 11-12- week menu cycle for clients on special diets.
11. Provides CQI and QA within the nutrition department and other departments that handle food and/or hold food on an on-going basis. Performs kitchen inspections, meal delivery cooler quality control, portion checks and other quality control measures.
12. Participates in outreach efforts through referring partners to potential Project Angel Food clients.
13. Performs other job-related duties as determined by the Senior Director of Operations and Administration.
1. Master of Public Health degree preferred.
2. Over five years' experience working as a Registered Dietitian.
3. Three years' experience managing paid staff and/or volunteers.
4. Community nutrition experience.
5. At least 2 years' experience in Food Service and Quality Control.
6. Experience in advocacy and program/project development and management.
7. Knowledge of applied concepts of food safety and sanitation.
8. Experience interacting with individuals in a culturally diverse environment.
9. Effective oral and written communication skills.
10. Good organizational skills with adaptability in a fast-paced work environment.
11. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (including Access, Excel, Publisher and Word) and Food Processor and/or any other standard nutrition analysis program.
12. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Terms and Benefits
Full-time, exempt position.
Employer provided: Health (HMO) and life insurance,
Optional: Dental, Vision, PPO, Credit Union, 403(b) plan, AFLAC supplemental insurance.
Project Angel Food is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
Project Angel Food
922 Vine Street
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Please send resume and cover letter via email or fax. No phone calls please!
(323) 436-5048 [fax]
[posted Feb 5, 2019]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.