Job: Nutrition Manager
School Food Service
Training and Research Foundation
Los Angeles, California 90056
Job Description and Requirements
The Nutrition Manager is responsible for planning and administering nutrition services for children and families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop and administer the Training and Research Foundationâs health and nutrition services program ensuring an integrated and comprehensive system of services for children and families.
- Provide training and guidance to staff, parents, and community members on a variety of pertinent topics in the area of health and nutrition.
- Ensure on-going monitoring, tracking, follow-up and analysis of health and nutrition services.
- Maintain record keeping and reporting systems, including service area plan, schedules, timelines, policies and procedures for health and nutrition services in accordance with Head Start Performance Standards, and applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Ensure coordination of communication with staff, parents, program consultants and community to enhance services to children and families.
- Supervise and oversee tasks and activities within nutrition and health services component to ensure the full delivery of integrated services.
- On-going professional development through education, role modeling, mentoring, and training.
- Assist in planning and preparing for special events or activities.
Professional and Ethical Standards
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with Agency policy and legal requirements.
- Be honest, reliable and dependable.
- Respect and maintain rights and privacy of all staff, parents, and children.
- Attend mandated trainings and meetings, and seek out staff development opportunities.
- Work as a team member with all staff and maintain a positive work ethic.
- Act conscientiously in performing routine duties
Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations in fields relevant to position.
- Ability to effectively communicate with community members and groups, managers, regulatory agencies, and families both individually and in group settings.
- Ability to work as a positive team member.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Knowledge of various software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Power-Point, and Publisher.
Education/Certifications: Bachelorâs Degree in Health Education, Public Health or related field. Must have 2-3 years of progressive management experience as well as direct Head Start and Early Childhood Education experience. Registered Dietetic certification required.
- Must successfully pass a physical examination and have a current T.B. clearance.
- Must complete a criminal background clearance through Community Care Licensing (DOJ/FBI/CAI).
- Must possess a CA driverâs license, access to an automobile, and evidence of automobile insurance.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds overhead and 40 pounds from waist to shoulder. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lifts 50 pounds from floor to waist. The employee must be able to push/pull up to 75 pounds horizontally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Training and Research Foundation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected status, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
310 412 4195 (x195) [tel]
[posted Nov 28, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.