St. Louis District Dairy Council
St. Louis, Missouri 63122
Job Description and Requirements
Organization Information: St. Louis District Dairy Council is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization funded by Missouri and Illinois dairy farmers to communicate the role and necessity of dairy foods in a healthful diet through a personalized approach to nutrition education programming. Established in 1932, the nutrition education organization currently serves educators, health professionals and consumer groups throughout its 131 counties in Central/Eastern Missouri and Central/Southern Illinois. www.stldairycouncil.org
Brief Summary of Position:
The Nutrition Educator develops, delivers and evaluates programs to promote dairy foods in a variety of community settings within an assigned territory. The Nutrition Educator establishes and maintains relationships with educators, health professionals and consumers through personal contacts, group presentations, exhibits and the use of mass media. She/he serves as spokesperson for local dairy industry.
1. Educate consumers about the benefits of dairy foods in the context of a balanced diet, with an emphasis on working with K-12 schools.
2. Develop and maintain relationships with educators, health professionals, and consumer groups.
3. Provide accurate science-based nutrition information while promoting the health benefits of dairy foods in a variety of settings.
4. Proactively secure partnerships on local and state level to strategically advance the organizations mission of dairy promotion.
5. Report territories activities via internal and external reporting systems.
6. Work cooperatively and collaboratively with a team of individuals.
7. Prioritize, make decisions and schedule duties independently to meet goals without direct supervision.
8. Must have working knowledge of personal computers and related software; including word processing, database, power point, and email.
9. Must enjoy all dairy products.
Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
The ability to build and maintain relationships and utilize them to grow support for dairy and the dairy industry
Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Willingness to learn and share ideas with others in a team environment
The ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
This full time position requires regular travel in a specific territory (Missouri and Illinois) with some overnight travel, attendance at occasional evening and weekend events, and on-going training to provide broadcast media presentations. The position is based in St. Louis headquarters office located in Kirkwood, MO.
Professional Experience: A minimum of 5 years professional experience in nutrition/health education. Certification as Registered Dietitian Nutritionist preferred. School nutrition management experience/knowledge desired. Public relations/experience working with the media a plus.
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
[posted May 2, 2017]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.