Job: Nutrition Educator I
Nutrition Educator I
UMass Extension Nutrition Education Program
Boston, Massachusetts 02129
Job Description and Requirements
The UMass Extension Nutrition Education Program has a full-time opening for a Nutrition Educator position in the Boston office.
Assist in planning, conducting, and evaluating educational workshops and training sessions for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed) in Boston and surrounding communities. Provide nutrition education to youth and adults eligible for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Assist in working with collaborating organizations in the delivery of programs at the assigned program sites. Present nutrition education programs and workshops in collaboration with community organizations. Collect data for required plans and reports. Perform related work as required. Weekly salary is $760.41 and includes benefits.
1. Bachelors degree in nutrition, health, or education related field OR Associates degree in nutrition, health, or education related field and 1-2 years relevant experience.
2. Ability to maintain a diverse schedule of local, regional and statewide activity which is not restricted by access to public or private transportation.
3. Excellent interpersonal and group process skills and demonstrated ability to participate effectively in professional team efforts and with diverse groups of people.
4. Knowledge and demonstrated ability to implement education theories and practices with diverse audiences.
5. Successful completion of Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) background check.
Please submit Cover Letter, Resume, College Transcripts (must show graduation), and the names, phone numbers and email addresses of 3 professional references by September 28, 2018. Applications must be complete in order to be considered for the position. Applications MUST be submitted via the University of Massachusetts online portal. http://careers.umass.edu/amherst/en-us/job/495580/clerk-iv
[posted Sep 17, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.