Wake Forest Baptist Health
Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27157
Job Description and Requirements
The North Carolina Baptist Hospitals, Incorporated (Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Job Title: Nutrition Coordinator
Reports to: Gretchen Bayne, Manager of Wellness Programs
Division Report: Chief Health & Wellness Officer, Dr. Bill Satterwhite
This individual functions as an active member of the Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center employee's health care team. They do this by being active in nutritional intervention, evaluation of nutritional status, and the development/implementation of nutritional care plans; nutrition education programs for ActionHealth, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center personnel; and in the documentation of these activities.
This position is responsible for guiding the nutrition aspect of ActionHealth in conjunction with the Manager of Wellness Programs. It's also responsible for assisting in designing educational programs and assisting in data collection and leading programs for all employees of the Medical Center. In addition, the dietitian will be responsible for meeting with the ActionHealth team to schedule and assist in coverage of program requests. In this manner, the Nutrition Coordinator must be willing to cross train in other wellness-related areas.
1. Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building.
Following hospital policies and procedures.
Following departmental policies and procedures.
Contributing to the overall quality of services.
Assuming responsibility for keeping informed about changes in policies and procedures.
2. Collaborates regularly with the Weight Management Center, Joslyn Diabetes Center, Heart Center and other departments.
Assuring employees are connected throughout the Medical Center to receive appropriate care and programs.
3. Collects and interprets data on program offerings.
Assuring tabulations of utilization and evaluations are timely and thoroughly documented.
Assist in data collection from health risk appraisals.
Formulating individualized programs based on HRA.
Adjusting programs as necessary per suggestions, evaluations and recommendations.
4. Provides screening services.
Utilizing screening devices.
Interpreting results of screening.
Consulting with client regarding results and actions to take.
Arranging outside services as necessary.
5. Guides the nutritional care of the employees to best promote good nutrition and provide optimum nutrition care and education.
Competently assessing nutritional needs of all Medical Center employee populations.
Developing, implementing, and re-evaluating nutrition care plan.
Guiding the evaluation, selection, development and adoption of nutrition education materials.
6. Guides ActionHealth in nutrition programming to assure proper care according to scientific research and public health guidelines.
Providing nutrition updates regularly to ActionHealth staff.
Explaining requirements for screening and primary nutrition assessments.
7. Maintaining professional competency:
Meeting continuing education requirements of the American Dietetic Association and the North Carolina Board of Dietetics/Nutrition.
8. Provides nutritional counseling.
Meets with employees one-on-one to assist them as needed with their nutrition goals.
Provides group sessions on various nutrition topics such as blood pressure, cholesterol, healthy eating, etc.
9. Healthy Food Initiative Task Force
Guides the task force and helps set nutrition goals and steps to accomplish them for the Medical Center.
Offers assistance to the Cafe for Mindful sampling, etc.
10. Ensuring age/developmentally appropriate patient care in accordance with Age-Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Medical Center Blvd.
Winston-Salem, NC 27157
[posted Jul 17, 2017]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.