Nutrition & Features Editor
Shelburne, Vermont 05482
Job Description and Requirements
Nutrition & Features Editor, EatingWell Magazine
EatingWell, published bimonthly by Meredith Corp., has a rate base of 1 million. The brand includes a website, content licensing, custom publishing.
The Nutrition & Features Editor leads the brand's nutrition strategy and content, handling nutrition, sustainability, environment and food-policy features. This senior-level editorial position includes top-editing magazine sections and managing several editors.
- Experienced as an editor at a national media brand, editing long- and short-form stories.
- Expertise in editing nutrition science, deep understanding of nutrition, interest in food, ability to communicate complex science clearly.
- Team player who can put together a feature from concept to deadline. Comfortable working with direction from editor-in-chief, support from other editors, contributions from outside journalists, brainstorming with creative team.
- You have a list of expert sources and a stable of freelance writers who turn in accurate copy that's fun to read, well sourced and informative.
- You push every piece of copy to be the best it can be. You love to read and are always thinking about better ways to tell stories to our readers.
- You are constantly coming up with new stories to tell, topics to cover and different angles to feature.
Graduate degree in nutrition or registered dietitian. An undergraduate or graduate degree in journalism or 5+ years working for a major media outlet.
This position is located in Shelburne, VT. Competitive salary, benefits. Start as soon as possible.
More info: eatingwell.com/jobs_internships/nutrition_and_features_editor
Cover letter, resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
[posted Mar 16, 2017]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.