Featured Hot Job: Manager, Quality Initiatives
Manager, Quality Initiatives
Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
Job Description and Requirements
Manager, Quality Initiatives
Looking for a progressive opportunity to be involved in leading the future of quality nutrition and dietetics practice? The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has a position for you!
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Academy), the worldâs largest professional association for credentialed nutrition and dietetics practitioners â registered dietitian nutritionists (RDNs) and nutrition and dietetics technicians, registered (NDTRs), is seeking a Manager, Quality Initiatives to work in Quality Management. The manager is responsible for organizing and managing the Malnutrition Quality Improvement Initiative (MQii) program priorities and other quality initiatives working closely with the Senior Director, Quality Management and Senior Manager, Quality Improvement. This position will be key to the launch of the Learning Health System to facilitate continued hospital adoption and initiate post-acute/primary care adoption of nutrition-focused standards of care and best practices.
* Facilitate the development, review and approval process for the MQii workstreams and provide assistance with related activities and functions.
* Workstreams may include action items within areas of acute care, post-acute/primary care, learning collaborative outcomes, quality measures adoption with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid federal inpatient program and their Measures Under Consideration list and National Quality Forum Prevention and Population Health Committee.
* Organize and lead the MQii program priorities and other quality initiatives for quality improvement, performance measurement, clinical practice and standards.
* Review and approve deliverables for malnutrition workstreams and assist with the development and writing of agreements.
* Review strategy and operational tactics to be completed for the malnutrition program.
* Support and handle communications with the Quality Management Committee and Quality Strategies Workgroup regarding malnutrition initiative updates and deliverables.
* Provide education on Academy quality initiatives for the RDN and NDTR and other food and nutrition professionals through online learning.
* Respond to Academy member and credentialed practitioner questions on quality initiatives.
* Assist with the Academy and Journal webpages updating quality initiatives and malnutrition.
* BS/BA in Food and Nutrition or Dietetics, or related health or science field; Masterâs degree preferred or Masterâs degree candidate, optional.
* Registered Dietitian Nutritionist required; State License or Certification to practice, if applicable.
* 7-10 years of relevant work experience required.
* Microsoft Office skills required.
* Strong communication, reasoning and judgment skills; characteristics of resourcefulness and an ability to adapt to changes in priorities; demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making; a solid understanding of the Malnutrition Quality Improvement Initiative (MQii) and all its components and workstreams.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Academy) offers a salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package including medical and dental insurance, long term disability, tuition reimbursement and 401k match with IMMEDIATE VESTING!
The Academy promotes a friendly, professional and challenging team-based work environment. Also, the Academy's office is conveniently located near two major Metra train stations (Union and Ogilvie); CTA lines and major bus routes are all within a few blocks.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.
120 South Riverside Plaza
[posted Aug 30, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.