Featured Hot Job: Manager, Food & Nutrition Services
Manager, Food & Nutrition Services
Management and Administration
Healdsburg District Hospital
Healdsburg, California 95448
Job Description and Requirements
NOTE: This job requires Clinical Hospital Experience.
JOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The Manager of Food & Nutrition Services is responsible for overall nutritional support and food service delivery for the facility's patients. The Manager of Food & Nutrition Services directs and monitors departmental goals and objectives regarding budget, safety, sanitation, cleanliness, and performance improvement on an ongoing basis. Coordinate all phases of nutrition care including nutrition assessment, care planning, monitoring, education and counseling of hospitalized patients and outpatients in a variety of settings. Supervises all clinical dietitians, kitchen supervisor, cooks and food service workers.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
Licensure and Certification: Registered Dietitian, current with Commission on Dietetic Registration
Education Required: Baccalaureate degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics, Nutritional Sciences, Human Nutrition, or comparable major or any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities..
Experience Required: 2 years clinical nutrition experience in a hospital setting and 1 year management experience.
PREFERRED POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Master's degree
* Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team, promote teamwork, and collaborate with medical staff, allied health professionals, peers, staff, and hospital management.
* Able to demonstrate patience, kindness, and courtesy with patients and employees.
* Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks, and competing priorities concurrently; ability to work on multiple tasks and set priorities.
* Ability to work in a changing environment and advance care through development of new ideas and technology.
* Knowledge and abilities of the clinical dietitian position to successfully provide and promote safe care with in the parameters of licensure and regulatory requirements.
* Experience with budgeting, performance improvement, quality assurance, and analysis of these programs.
* Strong managerial skills, including coaching and mentoring
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills including customer service skills
* Expertise in using all Microsoft Office products including Excel.
* A team player, adaptive and collaborative while working across the organization.
* Demonstrates good judgment and discretion regarding confidentiality of sensitive issues.
[posted Oct 11, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.