Job: Health, Wellness & Nutrition Program Coordinator
Health, Wellness & Nutrition Program Coordinator
The Women's Housing & Economic Development Corp
Bronx NY, New York 10452
Job Description and Requirements
Title: Health, Wellness and Nutrition Program Coordinator
Location: Urban Horizons, 50 East 168th Street, Bronx NY 10452
Reports to: Vice President, Home-Based Childcare (HBCC) Services
The Women's Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco) is a community development organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve healthy, vibrant communities. We build award-winning, sustainable, affordable homes, but our work is not over when our buildings are complete. WHEDco believes that to be successful, affordable housing must be anchored in strong communities that residents can be proud of. WHEDco's mission is to give the South Bronx access to all the resources that create thriving neighborhoods -- from high-quality early education and after-school programs, to fresh, healthy food, cultural programming, and economic opportunity. See www.whedco.org for more information.
WHEDco affords all qualified applicants equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, or any other category protected by law. WHEDco follows the requirements of the New York Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
Job Summary: WHEDco's Home-Based Childcare (HBCC) Program supports legally-exempt and licensed childcare providers in successfully building critical early childhood skills and knowledge of children in home-based childcare programs.
The Health, Wellness and Nutrition Program Coordinator will provide program structure, training, oversight, and technical support to enable HBCC providers to meet the health, wellness and nutrition needs of children in their care consistent with guidelines established by the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), the Eat Well Play Hard (EWPH) Program, and other health and wellness standards.
In addition, the Coordinator will provide training and oversight to cooks working in WHEDco's Early Childhood Discovery Center, for CACFP and EWPH program-related staff, and for staff in various other WHEDco programs.
- Work with the Directors of the HBCC Program and Early Childhood Discovery Center, and the HBCC team to develop and implement WHEDco's Health, Wellness and Nutrition Program, including establishing program structure and goals, designing and delivering training curriculum, and developing and implementing procedures for both the HBCC and Early Childhood Center programs.
- Provide training and technical assistance directly to HBCC providers relating to health, wellness and nutrition consistent with CACFP, EWPH and other health and wellness standards.
- Conduct home visits to HBCC providers enrolled in the CACFP and EWPH programs; assess, evaluate and score observations in accordance with CACFP, EWPH, and other health and wellness education standards; and make recommendations for improvement consistent with guidelines established by these programs and standards.
- Direct and evaluate in collaboration with CACFP Administrator other nutrition training staff to support and ensure program success.
- Develop and conduct staff training for HBCC Home Visiting Team to allow them to deliver continued coaching and guidance to HBCC providers consistent with CACFP and EWPH guidelines.
- Provide ongoing support and oversight to Early Childhood Discovery Center cooks in the areas of menu planning, food safety/handling, and food preparation consistent with Program standards.
- Coordinate with and train staff in other WHEDco program areas for maximum Program impact.
- Work with WHEDco's in-house Research, Policy and Evaluation Department and any external evaluators to identify and address Program challenges, and to evaluate the overall success of the Program.
- Master's Degree in Health, Nutrition
- Registered Dietitian
- Bilingual Spanish and English required
- Minimum of two years' related experience
- Availability to work some evenings and Saturdays
- Ability and willingness to travel to and visit day care homes in New York City (primarily in the Bronx), which may involve climbing stairs
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience.
To respond, send a cover letter and resume to one of the following:
Email: HBCCenrollment@whedco.org (Please include your name and position for which you are applying in the subject line.)
Angela Ortiz, Director of Human Resources
50 East 168th Street, Suite 1 Basement
Attn: Diana Perez, VP Home Based Childcare Services
[posted Apr 19, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.