Featured Hot Job: Director of Nutrition Services
Director of Nutrition Services
Open Hand Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia 30324
Job Description and Requirements
The Director of Nutrition Services will manage a team of Community Health Dietitians who oversee the implementation and management of nutrition and wellness focused programs in a multitude of settings as directed by the Program Development team. This position will help develop and guide the Nutrition Services team to think through all facets of program development, from design to outcomes collections, to ensure that contracts and grant funded obligations are met, and objectives achieved. The role is positioned as a working manager, so must be well versed in nutrition counseling and Medical Nutrition Therapy, as well as program management and have strong leadership and communication skills.
- Provide oversight and direction for Nutrition Services team. Conduct regular performance appraisals to staff, who directly report, providing constructive feedback and direction for ongoing improvement and supporting development of professional and performance goals.
- Ensure consistency of quality, accountability and high standards in all programs and services including both client support and education. Provide training for staff and develop procedures, models and comprehensive frameworks of delivery.
- Actively participate in the leadership team, attend meetings regularly and bring forward issues for discussion and decision.
- Work closely with the Open Hand Executive Director, entire leadership team, and Board of Directors to develop and clearly articulate Open Hand's policies and guiding principles.
- Providing individualized nutrition consultations in home and clinic settings to include lipid abnormalities, weight management, diabetes/ pre-diabetes, hypertension, HIV/AIDS and senior nutrition.
- Oversight of the research and development of educational tools for print and electronic medium to support congregate and home delivered meals.
- Providing on-line and telephone support to engage clients receiving home delivered meals in health-promoting behaviors.
- Participating in health fairs and community events.
- Managing outcome data for selected programs and population groups.
- Presenting education sessions to client, community and corporate groups.
- Supporting grant-funded projects aimed at proper nutrition and positive health behavior change.
- Monitoring, overseeing, and investigating expansion opportunities for the Open Hand Market Basket Program to ensure optimal client reach, nutrition benchmarks are achieved, including educational component and intake-outcome monitoring, is integrated into the program.
- Supporting food and nutrition policy work as it relates to Open Hand's Comprehensive Nutrition Care mission.
- Along with Program Development team, facilitate development of frameworks for evaluation, program improvement, and quality assurance that activates all partners.
- Assists with develop of assessment tools/metrics for the collaborative programs.
- Creates and monitors communication strategies to effectively disseminate specific program successes and opportunities internally and externally.
- Along with Program Development team, monitors and revises project budgets to ensure collaboration compliance and seamless program operation.
- Represents Open Hand at events, conferences, seminars, etc.
- Oversee Nutrition Services Role in programming and service development and delivery, from supporting proposal writing (in conjunction with the Development Department), through planning and developing work plans, budgeting, implementing, evaluating and writing reports.
- Ensure consistent and meaningful evaluation of all programs and services is carried out in order to assess impact and success and to make needed changes and improvements as indicated.
- Actively participate in the Program Development team, attend meetings regularly and bring forward issues for discussion and decision.
- Actively participate as an agency representative in collaborative partner networks and in related community activities.
- Identify learning needs for program and service staff, and for employees of the agency as a whole, and assist in guiding and/or providing needed training.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Manage Team of Community Health Dietitians
- Conducting Status with Individual Team Members
- Leading Team Meetings
- Assessing Capacity and Growth Opportunities
- Managing team scheduling in terms of diverse responsibilities
Bachelor's Degree required in Dietetics or related field of study from CADE accredited Program, Master's Degree Preferred.
Credentialing as Registered Dietitian by the Commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR) & Licensed Dietitian, State of Georgia.
Master's of Public Health or 5+ years' experience organizing, implementing, managing and evaluating programs.
Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in community dietetics.
Experience in Educational tools development, health promotion and disease management and prevention.
Comfort presenting to individuals, and in small and large group settings.
Exhibit a strong management style with excellent team-building skills.
Must have the ability to foster and encourage collaboration.
Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Computer skills including MS Office Package, spreadsheet, database and Internet research.
Familiarity with creating and adhering to budgets.
Ability to support grant proposals and reports.
Highly motivated and independent worker.
Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and function well under pressure.
Human Resources Director
[posted Sep 27, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.