Job: Dietitian - On Call
Dietitian - On Call
Providence Health & Services
San Pedro, California 90732
Job Description and Requirements
Providence is calling a (Part time/ Day Shift) Dietitian to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro in San Pedro, CA.
Must be available Monday through Friday, 5 hours per day with one weekend day a month.
In this position you will:
- Under general supervision, oversees and provides nutritional care to hospital patients
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics or related field ADA approved internship or equivalent. Current Registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration or Registered Dietitian Eligible (must pass registration exam within 6 months of eligibility to take the exam.)
- Requires the ability to fluently speak, read, write and understand the English Language.
- Requires the ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative (service-oriented) working relationship with patients, families, visitors, hospital staff and co-workers.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position as defined on the RU-91 form
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One year dietetics experience in a hospital setting.
- Experience in computers and hand held computers.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 259-bed nonprofit hospital that has served the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. Our Medical Center offers a comprehensive array of medical and surgical services each distinguished by innovation, quality and excellence in its respective area. We received the CHART Ã¢Certificate of ExcellenceÃ¢ for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART. We ranked in the top 21 among more than 240 hospitals throughout the state compared by California Healthcare Foundation, and were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of ApprovalÃÂ® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. As a member of Providence Health & Services, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage Ã¢ the foundation of our Mission and core values Ã¢ to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of GodÃ¢s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Answer the call. Providenceiscalling.jobs
When applying online, please reference job number 202238.
Providence Health & Services is an equal opportunity employer who provides competitive benefits, a drug-free workplace and supports work/life balance.
[posted Oct 12, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.