Cooking and Nutrition Instructor
Seafood Nutrition Partnership
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Job Description and Requirements
About Seafood Nutrition Partnership
Seafood Nutrition Partnership (SNP) is the leading 501(c)3 non-profit organization in the U.S. building awareness of the health and nutritional benefits of seafood. Founded in 2013, the mission of SNP is to inspire a healthier America through partnerships that raise awareness about the essential nutritional benefits of eating a seafood-rich diet. SNP is addressing the country's public health crisis through education programs that inspire Americans to incorporate more seafood and omega-3s into their diets for improved health as per USDA Dietary Guidelines. Only 1 in 10 Americans follow the USDA Dietary Guidelines recommendation to eat seafood twice a week for optimum health.
SNP is seeking a dynamic Cooking and Nutrition Instructor to be located in Oklahoma City, OK. This is a newly created position within the organization. The Cooking and Nutrition Instructor is responsible for advancing the mission of SNP by teaching the basic skills that are needed to eat more seafood and omega-3s for good health utilizing instructional materials developed by SNP. This role reports to the Director of Programs & Education and has responsibility to schedule meetings and present SNP programs to organizations within the local SNP Target Market. The program audiences in each market may include businesses, trade associations, churches, non-profits, schools, healthcare, governmental offices, and other community organizations.
- Work with the local SNP team to develop relationships with the coalition leaders.
- Determine ways that SNP programs can fill a gap and/or complement existing health & nutrition programs.
- Gain mastery in delivering SNP programs tailored to the needs of the audience.
- Encourage participants of SNP programs to take the Healthy Heart Pledge.
- Administer program surveys to help determine knowledge gained.
- Track and report on SNP programs outreach on a monthly basis.
- Instructors will be trained on the curriculum, policies and procedures, and administrative responsibilities.
- Instructors are required to follow the approved course curriculum and complete all grocery shopping.
- Ideal candidates will have a desire to teach kids and adults about nutrition, health, and wellness.
- Nutrition and/or food service experience required.
- Must hold current food service sanitation certifications (e.g. ServSafe or local Food Handler Certification).
- Reliable and possess the ability to be flexible with scheduling.
- Must successfully complete a background check.
- A car and a valid driver's license are required.
- Ability to present information for both small and large groups for up to 60 minutes in duration at a time.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate remotely with SNP staff and one-on-one with coalition members.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with experience prioritizing multiple assignments, meetings tight deadlines.
- Proactive problem solver and a self-starter with ability to work individually and on a team.
- Position is located in Oklahoma City, OK. No relocation expenses provided.
- Driving is required to get to locations where programs are delivered.
- Lifting: 10-25 lbs.
- Carrying: Meeting supplies and equipment.
- Standing: Required while conducting programs.
- Walking: Some walking required while conducting programs.
- This position works as an independent contractor and the organization will provide a 1099 tax form.
- Compensation is based on a per class rate and will be commensurate with experience. It is preferable to hire instructors who are able to commit to teaching programs in a one-year time frame.
How to Apply
Interesting candidates should send a cover letter highlighting relevant experience to this role and resume with compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only qualified candidates will receive a response due to limited resources. Thank you for your interest in Seafood Nutrition Partnership.
[posted Jan 20, 2017]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.