Job: Clinical Dietitian-Signing Bonus
Clinical Dietitian-Signing Bonus
Charlestown Retirement Community
Catonsville, Maryland 21228
Job Description and Requirements
Charlestown is a continuing care retirement community located on a beautiful 110 acre campus in Catonsville, MD. At Charlestown, we create communities where residents want to live and employees want to work. Our residents experience retirement the way it is meant to be, invigorating and fulfilling. Our employees experience an exceptional work environment as a member of a passionate and caring team.
The Dietitian plans, develops, implements and maintains programs and systems of nutritional care. Nutritional care will meet the needs and maximize the quality of life for the Erickson Community residents. Ensures the resident nutritional needs are met and documented to fulfill the requirements of all federal, state and local regulations. Supports the supervision of the dining operation in Continuing Care.
Job duties will include the overall supervision of all aspects of meal time service and the overall efficiency of the dining room, sanitation and safety operations. Including directly training, evaluating and disciplining of the Dining Service Associates and Utility Workers; and indirectly the culinary staff. The essential duties and responsibilities: include the following.
1. Satisfies residents, guests, and staff with services.
2. Assists in the supervision of the overall efficiency of dining room and Room Service operations.
3. Assists in the supervision, scheduling and training and gives input with evaluating, and disciplining of all dining room staff`.
4. Maintains effective communication with managers, fellow supervisors, subordinates and all other coworkers.
5. Assists in the supervision of organization, sanitation and safety of dining rooms, kitchen, storage areas, and loading dock.
6. Ensures proper portioning and service of foods, attractive plate presentation and service of required diets for meals, nourishments and snacks. Also includes set up of special resident and staff functions.
7. Ensures they and all staff work safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
8. Works with assigned computer programs.
9. Assists in supervising opening and closing of food service operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following.
1. Develops and implements a nutritional plan of care based on assessment of nutritional needs as part of the residents/patients total plan of care. Evaluates, documents and reports appropriately.
2. For Hospice or home care assignments; reports to the Hospice or home care Interdisciplinary Group and operates under the orders of the MD and the hospice or home care Plan of Care.
3. Monitors and documents the Continuing Care residents nutritional status. Documents discharge summaries for Home Health and Hospice residents when needed.
4. Works with the interdisciplinary team to provide appropriate counseling to individuals, families and caregivers in the Continuing Care and home setting as needed. Evaluates and instructs on nutritional principles, dietary plans, food selections and economics, adapting plans to the individuals illness and prognosis as indicated. Provides follow-up care as indicated.
5. Demonstrates knowledge of and oversight of food production system, sanitation and menu review to assure compliance with regulatory requirements.
6. Gives input into supervision, evaluation, training, and disciplining of dining services staff.
7. Provides instruction of in-service education to both staff and residents for the entire community. Provides in-service education regarding nutritional issues in end-of-life care to the Interdisciplinary Group.
8. Performs as an effective member of the Continuing Care, Home Care and Hospice interdisciplinary teams.
9. Complies with the organizations policies and procedures. Maintains confidentiality and safety of resident/patient records.
10. Conducts Quality Assurance audits including chart reviews for clinical nutrition compliance and others as determined by the QA team.
11. Works with dining and health services computer systems.
12. Assures that all services and programs are in compliance with federal, state and/or local laws and statutes.
13. Shows professional knowledge, proficiency and initiative in achieving goals and meeting standards. Maintains requirements for registration as dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration and State licensure as required.
14. Maintains effective relationships with all department/interdepartmental members, residents and families.
Ability to work independently to complete assessments and plans of care in the required time frame.
Must have knowledge of and ability to utilize clinical and administrative dietetics including issues in persons with terminal illness.
Must demonstrate effective communication skills, both verbal and written, initiative to recognize a problem and develop a plan of correction.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
B.S. degree from an approved program in dietetics or nutrition required.
Experience in health care food service management and clinical nutrition preferred.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration. State licensure as required.
711 Maiden Choice Lane
Catonsville, MD 21228
[posted Jun 6, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.