Job: Associate Director of Nutrition and Client Services
Associate Director of Nutrition and Client Services
Management and Administration
Project Angel Food
Los Angeles, California 90038
Job Description and Requirements
New opportunity for community-health-focused Registered Dietitian with MasterÃ¢s Degree (MSW or MPH preferred) and management experience. Bilingual Spanish a plus.The Associate Director of Nutrition and Client Services is responsible for the overall management of the Nutrition and Client Services Departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supervise Client Services, Nutrition and Outreach staffs.
2. Responsible for the development and implementation of policies and procedures necessary in the day-to-day operations of the Nutrition and Client Services Departments.
3. Represent Project Angel Food at local funding agencies, community meetings and events, and speaking engagements.
4. Work closely with Project Angel Food Programs and Operations departments to maintain compliance with Project Angel FoodÃ¢s quality assurance plan.
5. Ensure integration of and coordination between the operations of both departments.
6. Perform other duties as determined by the Director of Programs.
Within Client Services Department:
1. Supervise the intake of new clients as well as maintain client records
2. Monitor agency meal delivery contracts and prepare monthly and quarterly compliance reports as required.
3. Maintain collaborative efforts and oversee outreach efforts with hospitals, health clinics, social service agencies and other community resources to implement and monitor a system of referrals to Project Angel Food.
4. With the Director of Programs, serve as staff liaison to the Program Committee and Client Advisory Board.
Within Nutrition Services Department:
1. Perform client nutrition assessments, follow-ups and surveys via phone, office visits or mail.
2. Interact with clientsÃ¢ health care providers on a regular basis as needed.
3. Refer and advocate for clients to other service providers when appropriate.
4. Supervise Registered Dietitians , Dietetic Technicians, dietetic interns and volunteers working within the Nutrition Services Department.
5. Conduct nutrition education workshops/in-services for clients, staff and community organizations as needed.
6. Serve as liaison between the agency and local organizations involved in nutrition research and/or care for patients with HIV/AIDS or other illnesses.
7. Contribute to the development of nutrition education materials.
8. Create and implement the Nutrition Services annual work plan and budget.
9. With the Director of Programs, develop, plan, implement and budget new nutrition/food related programs as determined by the Executive Director and the advocacy team.
10. Plan and nutritionally analyze 11-12- week menu cycle for clients on special diets.
11. Provide CQI and QA within the nutrition department and other departments that handle food and/or hold food on an on-going basis. Perform kitchen inspections, meal delivery cooler quality control, portion checks and other quality control measures.
Skills and Abilities
1. Good organizational skills with adaptability in a fast-paced work environment.
2. Knowledge of applied concepts of food safety and sanitation.
3. Experience and knowledge of general disease conditions in populations.
4. Experience working with diverse populations that make up the LA County community.
5. Sensitivity to the circumstances and needs of people affected by hunger and illness.
6. Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
7. Ability to formulate procedures and implement agency policy.
8. Reliable transportation, valid CA driverÃ¢s license and proof of insurance are required.
9. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (including Access, Excel, Publisher and Word) and Food Processor and/or any other standard nutrition analysis program.
10. Excellent verbal and communication skills.
11. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Master of Social Work or Master of Public Health degree.
2. Over 5 yearsÃ¢ experience as a Registered Dietitian.
3. 3 yearsÃ¢ experience managing paid staff and/or volunteers.
4. Community nutrition experience.
5. At least 2 yearsÃ¢ experience in Food Service and Quality Control with non-profit experience preferred.
6. Experience in advocacy and program/project development and management.
7. Experience interacting with individuals in a culturally diverse environment.
Salary range: $70-$80,000 per year
Terms and Benefits
1. Exempt position.
2. Employer provided health and life insurance
3. Optional dental and vision insurance, credit union, 403(b) plan
4. Paid vacation and sick time.
Project Angel Food is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
(323) 845-1800 [tel]
[posted Mar 21, 2019]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.