Job: Assistant Professor of Dietetics
Assistant Professor of Dietetics
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22807
Job Description and Requirements
The Department of Health Professions in the College of Health and Behavioral Studies at James Madison University, is seeking a visionary individual with professional experience for a tenure track Assistant Professor position. The Dietetics Program is one of five programs within the Department of Health Professions. The faculty work collaboratively with faculty from Dietetics, Athletic Training, Health Services Administration, Occupational Therapy and Physician Assistant Studies programs within the department as well as with other departments within the College. The successful candidate will join a strong and engaged faculty at one of the nation's outstanding public universities.
The successful candidate will:
- Teach undergraduate courses in an ACEND-accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics which may include but are not limited to food science, experimental foods and clinical nutrition
- Teach graduate courses in a MS program
- Assist in program development, including developing an ACEND-accredited Future Education Model Graduate Program
- Participate in scholarship and community-based outreach and training programs
- Advise undergraduate and graduate students
- Supervise graduate student research
- Participate in scholarly activity and service at the departmental, college and university levels
- Earned doctoral degree in foods and nutrition or a related area is required; ABD candidates are encouraged to apply but must have doctoral degree completed by starting date
- Record of diverse experiences in the dietetics field
- Commitment to interprofessional education and student engagement
- Record of evidence of scholarly agenda and professional development
- Possess current RDN credential
- Record of diverse experiences in several areas of dietetics; special consideration will be given to candidates with foods and/or clinical nutrition experience
- Record of research experience and peer-reviewed publications
- Ability to adapt to the trends and forces facing the dietetics profession and have a dynamic vision for preparing future dietetics professionals
- Evidence of professional service
To apply go to http://joblink.jmu.edu/postings/4515 or visit JobLink.jmu.edu and reference posting number F1242. Salary is commensurate with experience.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/x34xrdbq8ct3j47f
[posted Nov 13, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.