Assistant or Associate Professor/Dietetics & Nutrition
University of Alaska Anchorage
Anchorage, Alaska 99508
Job Description and Requirements
The UAA College of Health, Dietetics & Nutrition Department is searching for an Assistant or Associate Professor of Dietetics & Nutrition. This position is responsible for teaching dietetics and nutrition coursework at the undergraduate and/or the graduate level. This tenure track position requires advisory council work, college and university committee work, and a community service component. This position plays a key role in ensuring that learning and outcomes, along with accreditation requirements, are implemented.
- Responsibility for theoretical and practical instruction in nutrition, nutrition assessment, advanced nutrition, counseling skills, foodservice management, prevention and therapeutic nutrition, among other potential courses
- Guide students in academic advising
- Contribute to the improvement of the department, college, university, and community engagement through committee participation
- Maintain office hours according to contractual guidelines
- Write and update course syllabi, assist with curriculum review, revision, and development
- Manage program learning outcomes, assessment, and curriculum
- Coordinate/enforce national accreditation requirements and standards
- Engage in professional development
- Attend department meetings and engage in continuous quality improvement
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Work experience in foodservice, clinical nutrition, ambulatory care, or closely related area is required. The applicant will have the documented ability to teach using various methods to engage students in learning, such as lecture presentations, group interactions, Blackboard applications, research, and the ability to teach using online modalities such as Collaborate. The applicant will have the interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively and professionally with students, faculty, staff, and the public.
Education, Training, and Registration:
A Masters in Dietetics & Nutrition, or related field, is required within 6 months of hire, with a PhD or DCN preferred. The applicant is required to be a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) and obtain licensure in the state of Alaska upon hire.
Length of Time and Type of Experience:
Minimum of 5 yearsÃÂ¢ recent experience working as an RDN, and experience in multiple area of dietetics. Teaching experience in college-level Dietetics and Nutrition courses.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities:
College-level teaching experience both online and in the classroom preferred. Experience with accreditation, writing self-studies, and participation in site visits preferred. Online course development and curriculum development experiences preferred.
Special Conditions of Employment:
Successful applicant must provide official transcripts documenting academic credentials required for the position as well as their national and state credentialing cards. The applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; no work visas are available for this position.
Salary will be based upon level of academic appointment, applicable academic preparation and experience.
How to Apply:
To apply for the position, please visit Careers at UA (http://careers.alaska.edu/cw/en-us/listing/) and search for Assistant or Associate Professor/Dietetics & Nutrition.
[posted Nov 17, 2017]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.