Assistant Lecturer/Director, DPND
University of Wyoming
Laramie, Wyoming 82071
Job Description and Requirements
The Department of Family and Consumer Sciences at the University of Wyoming invites applications for an extended term track, academic year (nine-month), Academic Professional position at the rank of Assistant Lecturer/Director of the Didactic Program in Nutrition and Dietetics (DPND).
This full-time benefitted position will teach undergraduate courses in Human Nutrition and Food that may include but are not limited to: 1) food/food systems; 2) lifecycle nutrition; 3) nutrition controversies; 4) community nutrition; 5) therapeutic nutrition; and 6) nutrition counseling. The individual will serve as the DPND Director which is governed by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The position will also advise DPND students. Responsibilities will also include contributing to professional, departmental, and university service activities.
1) Earned master's degree in human nutrition, nutrition science, or related area
2) Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
3) Minimum of three years professional experience post credentialing
4) Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and communication skills
5) Current member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)
1) Earned doctorate or five years post-credentialing experience
2) Experience with college/university-level teaching; program assessment and/or management
3) Professional involvement in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and/or state affiliate
4) Experience as a preceptor for dietetic students
5) Demonstrated ability to foster an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion both in and outside of the classroom
Complete the online application including uploading the following materials as a single .PDF file:
1) A cover letter
2) Curriculum vitae
3) Statement of teaching philosophy
4) Unofficial transcripts
5) Three (3)letters of professional recommendation
Desired start date: August 22, 2018 or as negotiated
Review of applications will begin June 15, 2018 and will continue until position is filled.
Dr. Jill Keith, PhD, RDN
[posted Apr 16, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.