- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics on Internships
- List of Accredited Dietetic Internship Programs
- All Access Internships has excellent services and resources to help you get the advantage you will need
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs has a recorded webinar from 2013 presented by Milton Stokes, PhD, MPH, RD, CD-N, and Jenny Westerkamp, RD titled: Teleseminar: Launch Your Dietetic Internship Application
- Commission on Dietetic Registration establishes a new registration eligibility pathway for dietetic technicians. June 2009
- NutritionJobs Interviews Katie Hamm, Dietetic Student, recent successful Dietetic Internship Program Match, and Owner, All Access Internships, May 2009
- NutritionJobs Interviews Nancy R. Hudson, M.S., R.D., Assistant Program Director, Dietetics, at the University of California, Davis, May 2009
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Student Exam Prep (StEP)
- Start the application process early, as it is a very long and complex process. This will also give you ample time to contact your required letters of Recommendation from Professors and employers.
- AND Instructional Handout on Suggestions to improve your chances at getting a Dietetic-Internship Position
- AND Instructional Handout on Availability of Dietetic Internship Positions
- Suggest a tip
Interviewing with Dietetic Internship Directors
- When arranging your interview appointment, ask about the interview process and what can be expected. Ask if it will be helpful for you to know if you will be asked work experience questions, nutrition questions, food service questions. Ask if you will be expected to provide a written or web examples or your work.
- See our Interview Guidelines and our suggestions onProfessional Portfolios
- If your interview is in person, dress professionally, be on time, and bring your professional portfolio.
- If it is a telephone interview, make sure you have a quiet, comfortable place to sit during the interview. Lay out your talking points, the contents of your professional portfolio and answers to sample interview questions you have already prepared to keep you on point and focused.
- Most ADA Dietetic Internships select applicants for appointments through a computer matching process using D&D Digital Systems. This process occurs twice a year, in the Spring (appointments are made in April) and in the Fall (appointments are made in November). DI programs participate in either the April or November match, and some participate in both. You must register for Computer Matching at least 2 months prior to matching. A registration fee of $50.00 is required for Computer Matching.
- D&D Digital Systems website
- Future Matching Dates