10 Characteristics Of A Superb Dietetic Employee
By Sarah Koszyk, MS, RDN
The most effective companies hire employees with specific traits and characteristics that will enhance the company’s business. Hiring an ideal employee is not just about who is the most knowledgeable because information, technique, and systems can be taught. Recognizing the best qualities of an ideal candidate is important in order to determine who will work best with other employees, who is most apt, and who will also become a strong asset.
Here are 10 characteristics of a superb employee:
1. Positive Attitude. Kristina Cushing, Account Executive at RemX Specialty Staffing, recruiting and placing the most qualified candidates nationwide, emphasizes a positive attitude because people who come to work energetic and optimistic will be enjoyable to work with and will create a can-do, productive environment.
2. Self-Motivated. Having an employee who takes initiative and goes above and beyond what was asked for is important in order to increase productivity and help the company grow.
3. Cushing notes dependability as an important characteristic. Dependable employees show up on time and get the job done.
4. Detail-Oriented. Less mistakes are made and productivity is increased when people are detail-oriented. Detail-oriented employees are also known to have a strong work ethic and take pride in their work.
5. Cushing advises to be honest. Being upfront, authentic, and true portray the characteristics of honesty and these characteristics can ensure trust and reliability.
6. Team Player. Many companies consist of multiple employees and groups of people needing to work together in a team environment. Employees who get along with one another can ensure the office runs smoothly and people are willing to work together to get the job done.
7. Employees who communicate well both verbally and written are able to express themselves in a clear and concise manner in order to get the job effectively completed.
8. Confidence shows assertiveness and initiative where the employee will be encouraged to take on new projects and tasks without fear of the unknown. Confidence also suggests the employee believes in one’s self-efficacy and ability to do a good job when presented with any endeavor.
9. An employee who demonstrates common sense and the ability to learn will be easily trainable which may result in less micromanagement.
10. Ambition is what helps drive motivation and innovation which may result in a company continuing to grow and excel. Ambitious employees help generate ideas and can help keep other employees motivated and creative.
As an employer, you can use the above characteristics of an ideal employee to generate interview questions which will help you determine if your applicant will be your ideal employee. This will increase your chances of getting qualified, devoted employees to enhance your business success.