Teacher for Nutrition Counselors/ Faculty
Focus Personal Training Institute
New York, New York 10001
Job Description and Requirements
The Focus Personal Training Institute is a New York State Licensed Vocational school for personal trainers; we are NOT a certification course but rather an educational institution. Through our comprehensive and content-rich programs, our vision is to improve the fitness industry by providing an outstanding education and exceptional experience so that our students can thrive in their fitness careers. We are located in New York City inside of our own private facility that has a self-contained classroom and training floor. We love students, education and of course, fitness. As a company and a staff, we are always looking to improve and grow. We work hard and maintain a high level of professionalism while having fun and truly valuing our work.
What you will be doing:
Being a teacher at the Focus Personal Training Institute means that you will also serve as a mentor to and set an example for future fitness professionals. As a nutrition counseling teacher, you will present theoretical lectures on the topics of macronutrients, bioenergetics and energy balance, as well as lead practical instruction in the areas of communication and listening skills, overcoming client objections and effective behavior change strategies. Your job is to equip fitness professionals with tangible skills and applicable knowledge so that they can develop effective nutrition and behavior plans and see their clients to success. Teachers at Focus participate in faculty meetings and dedicate themselves to developing effective teaching strategies for their students. Furthermore, teachers are expected to maintain student records and contribute to curriculum enhancement. There may also be nutrition counseling opportunities.
Minimum Requirements (applicants without these criteria will not be considered):
- Masters Degree in a nutrition related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience in nutritional consulting/counseling
- Bachelors degree accepted if accompanied by at least 5 years of experience
The perfect candidate:
- Believes in the power of education to enhance professional success
- Has some experience in nutrition education or adult learning
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication
- Can simplify and communicate complex concepts to students
- Reveals a passion about helping individuals regarding their nutrition behaviors
- Is willing to work with students and committed to seeing their success
- Is familiar with Precision Nutrition or has obtained the Certified Level 1 Coach credential
- Is capable of maintaining accurate student records
- Knows how to use Microsoft Office
- Paid time off
- Medical Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Company Sponsored Education Events
- Workers Compensation Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
If this opportunity interests you, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No Phone Inquiries. Attach your resume in Word format and paste your cover letter to the body of the e-mail; we will not accept separate attached cover letters! We will respond to your submission via e-mail or phone, so please be sure to check the e-mail account from which you send your resume. To learn more about the company, please visit our website at www.FocusTrainerInstitute.com.
[posted Jul 11, 2012]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.